Monday 31 March 2014

New Things!!!

Hi guys,

I am super duper sorry I couldn't post last week, mainly because I went down to the South Island with my family and I was kinda busy, BUT I did have time to make some stuff before we left. Because the last 10 days were freestyle and we could do anything, I made a bedcover and two sweet pies. I know not much, but, BUSY.

The duvet fits the mattress that comes with the 'Children's Bedroom Set'

Heres a pic:



Willow Cottontail getting ready for bed with her new bedding

Here is the bed by itself. The fabric is soft and really nice.

Its so cute with little flowers and leaves!
Its really easy to make duvets. I just traced the duvet from the set onto two pieces of fabric. I then turned them good side to good side, good side being on the inside, and sewed around 3 of the edges. Then, I flipped it right side out and sewed the top edge closed. 

Its the same technique with the pillow, except I just used a random pattern and stuffed it up with pillow fluff.

The pies are made in Heinekin bottle caps, so they aren't
that big, and are 3 cm wide.


Here we have Sorrel Cottontail taking the pie out of the oven.
 The pies that I have are blueberry and strawberry/raspberry. They are made out of clay and a bottle cap. Hopefully, I will post a tutorial soon......

This next weeks theme is Easter. 
Any suggestions???

Also, I'm not sure if you've noticed,  but it was my birthday recently and from my family, I received the Cottontail rabbits!!! I absolutely fell in love with them as soon as I saw them! The family includes father Aaron, mother Sorrel, daughter Willow and son Gromwell!

They are so cute!!!! 
Look at the camera, Gromwell!!!!!





Good Bye!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey :),

    I love your pies - they look amazing. Using the bottle caps as cake pans is very clever - I thought about making cakes for my Sylvanians in the next days for myself. Thanks for the inspiration! :)
    Also your bedding is very cute:), I did some for the babies beds a few weeks ago.

    Many greetings,
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks a lot! I realised that the bottle caps fitted in most of their ovens, so I thought I should try...
    Hopefully a tutorial will be up soon.

    Have fun making your pies,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your bed cover !!!
    IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!
    Suzu said she likes bottle cap pies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Maybe I can make her one?

      Lucy :)

      Delete