Monday 17 March 2014

A cute thanksgiving story

Heres a little story for you guys for our theme that will be ending soon, Winter/Autumn...
Lucy :)



 "Okay, first thing: Dressing" muttered Daisy Buttercup to herself as she tied on her apron to protect her dress.
She was making a homemade Thanksgiving dinner for her family- a big task.









She poured in the stock for the dressing and left it
to sit. ' Okay,' she thought. Now for the carrots.
She got out the knife and the carrots and put
them on the chopping board, and in that instant,
her husband, Hornbull Buttercup strolled into the room.








  "Hey honey" he said.
"Hello dear," Daisy replied, giving him a peck on the cheek, "Right now I am doing something very time consuming and I am quite busy, so if you want to help, well, GET GOING!!!"

" Okay then, I will do the carrots." The husband replied.





When she knew she didn't have to do the
carrots, she started to get to work on the biggest
of all. The Turkey. It took her and hour or so, and once she put it in the oven, which, by the way,
took about 10 minutes to actually get it in because it was so big, she turned around to check how the carrots were going. It took one look for her to repulse. They were crooked, bent, uneven,
basically everything a women couldn't dream for. "Honestly Hornbull" cried Daisy, "I thought you could do this kind of thing but maybe not! If you want to be useful, take the twins for a walk!" She continued, the turned to re-do the carrots.                                                                              


Once she got through all that drama, hustling Hornbull out of the house, she went upstairs to make the kids beds. Obviously, they were in a state of despair. But once she saw the beds, she thought of all the stress she'd been through, and that a little nap wouldn't harm her. I mean, she was only going to sleep for half an hour. It couldn't be that bad.....

She woke up to the sound of Paddock yelling:
"Muuuuuuuuum!!! Whats that burning smell??
Muuuuuum?"

Daisy remembered the dinner; then jumped out of bed and the burning smell hit her nose. "The turkey! The turkey!" She cried.
She checked the oven, and, to her dismay, it was, officially, burnt. "What am I going to do???" she asked herself. " What am I going to do?"

                                                                           


                                                                                    Just then, the door creaked open and Hornbull and the twins arrived.
"Hornbull! " Daisy sobbed into his dungarees, " What should I do? I've gone and burnt the dinner and I'm a complete and utter failure!!" She despaired.
" Don't worry honey, I've got it all sorted out." Her husband reassured.


About half an hour later they heard the doorbell do its usual 'Ding ding'
"I wonder who that could be" Paddock wondered aloud.

But guess who it was? Bertie Honeybear, Owner
of the Pizza shop, swooping in to save the day,
or, in this case, the dinner.
"One margarita pizza to go" He called.
"Oh my gosh" Daisy stuttered, " Hornbull your amazing!!!"

And listen to what Daisy said once they finished the meal:
" To be perfectly honest, I think I like this better than Turkey!!"

3 comments:

  1. That is VERY COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    that was a very cute story. I loved the ending - great idea :D.
    The Buttercups are so adorable- I just got them. :D
    Many greetings,
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the Buttercups too- especially their adorable twins, Dolly and Fennel!!! I got them for my birthday and fell in love instantly!
      Lucy :)

      Delete